Partnering with global creative magazine Wallpaper, VICE and Ketel One are on a quest to find contemporary craftsmen who bring traditional skills into the modern day. They are looking for modern craftsmen who want to take their work, their careers, themselves further. People keen to establish a legacy of their own. Up for grabs is the chance to feature in a high-profile Modern Craft Exhibition and be included in a unique Modern Craft Directory – plus coverage in Wallpaper* and the extraordinary levels of international exposure that go with it. They will also be helping selected craftsmen to take their work to the next level and to an even wider audience by giving them the chance to win a share of the Ketel One Legacy prize fund (UK: GBP 30.000 / Germany: 30.000€).
Local and global Panel
There is a local and a global panel for the UK who will add credibility and will evaluate the works of candidates. The local panel will define a shortlist for the global panel and will host the multimedia exhibition in 2013. The Local Panel includes a representative from Wallpaper, VICE magazine (Milene Larsson / European Managing Editor) and an independent industry expert (Duffy Jewellery). The global panel of experts includes Bob Nolet, 11th generation distiller of Ketel One Vodka, Tony Chambers, Wallpaper* editor in chief and a represantive from the Diageo Global Design Team. The multimedia exhibition will showcase the work of the candidates at the beginning of February 2013 in London.
1) Website live September 2012
2) Entries open 1st October 2012 / Entries close 30th November 2012:
3) Local Panel chooses finalists 1st – 15th December 2012
4) Shortlist of the craftsmen will be announced 16th December
5) Public online voting 16th December 2012 – 15th January 2013
6) Global Panel chooses winner 16th -31st January 2013
7) Multimedia Exhibition in London, Beginning of February 2013