There’s an illegal drug market on Instagram, and although the app has blocked certain hashtags, there’s still an easy way to promote the sale of drugs on Instagram.
A source with direct knowledge of Instagram’s drug trade sent Fletch Babb a document that lays out the process to circumvent the app’s mobile-only posting restrictions. It’s deceptively simple. It’s also perfectly legal (except for the actual “selling drugs” part).
- Start with a new laptop. Cheap is fine.
- Install and run Ubuntu.
- Install VirtualBox, which lets you use a “guest” OS in a window inside your computer’s main OS without making it vulnerable. This sandbox environment is generally used for safely testing apps and software or running old software that isn’t supported by a current OS.
- Download and run an Android OS emulator in VirtualBox. We won’t link directly to that part, but essentially you’ll end up with an Android OS running in a window inside your Linux system.
- Download a VPN. At approximately $50, an annual subscription is a steal, especially if you’d like to safely sell drugs directly to Instagram’s massive audience.
- Inside the Android emulator, connect to the Internet via the VPN.
- Use the emulator to download the Instagram app.